Loading...


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Drug-free Essay

Topic: Write an essay starting or ending with the following phrase “I will never touch drugs again!”.

I will never touch drugs again! Now that I know how hard it is to stop taking them, I would never want to try it again. I remembered the time when I first took drugs.

I was a very good runner in school; my marks are generally grate as well but I always felt lonely, sitting at the corner of the classroom, I did not know what to do. Everyone was talking and chatting along during recess, but I still did not know what to say or to whom. I felt very left out.

I was walking to the bus stop after school, strolling as usual. I came towards some tall and scary looking sec four students standing and looking at me with a strange stare in their eyes. One of them is a female; her hair was died and messily tied up together. Her school uniform was half tugged in and half dangling out, her skirt was folded up really high. She looked like the kind of people the principle told us better not to hang out with. The boys had places like their nose and their thong pierced, it really looked weird.

“Yo!” Said the girl, putting down her cigarette that she had been smoking. “How’s school life,” she continued, “want to relax for a while? I can be your friend, trust me.” I did not answer her as I was scared and uncertain if I should talk to them or not. Finally, my desire to have a friend had overcome my fear. I slowly got closer and closer to them. The group of people I was with seemed to understand me more than my classmates, I told all my frustrations to them and they listened to me, I thought they were my real friends.

One day Johnny, one of the boys, gave me a round container. He said that the thing inside really smells very good and it would help with all my problems. He also said that I would forget all the sad things in my mind, “Just try it.” I opened the lid of the container, the smell of glue rushed into my nose. It smelled really good all of a sudden, I did not like the smell of glue before, I took another deep breath. This time I felt dizzy and light, I felt like a heavy weight had just been removed from me. I closed my eyes and entered the world of my own. I had forgotten how bad the day was. I was floating among a field of flowers, something I had wanted to feel in my whole life! Unfortunately this dream did not last very long, I found myself lying on the ground. I really wanted to get that feeling back again and I kept thinking that I would not get addicted to it.

I started asking them for the glue more often and they started to show that they were irritated and asked for money and requirements for me to sniff the glue. I started to shop lifting as I did not have the money to give to them. I could not contral myself and got angry more often. I became lonelier and my marks started to get worse, the relationship wit my family was getting weaker. My desire for inhaling glue was stronger than before.

I felt that the world could not get worse and cannot get back to normal again. I decided to have a big decision and wanted to seek help from my form teacher. She was surprised that I actually did that entire thing and she told me that she would help. My parents were informed and they had tears in their eyes, my mother was furious and by the look of her fiery eyes, I knew that she was going to punish me real badly. But she did not. She was too disappointed to even scold me. I felt even worse then what I had felt. “Sorry.” I said. Later I was sent to the girl’s home for a few years. There I took drug rehabilitation and became drug-free. I was very thankful to my teacher. She had brought me back to having a normal life.

Comments: My brother said that he liked my last paragraph.
Personally I think the topic is quite common. (the 'I' is not me)


Hay this song fits the story

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tag
♥ Me
Jamie Marda Chen
Tanglin Secondary
4E2
Dance Ensemble

♥ Links
♥ Music ♥ credits
Blog template from Andy
Tagboard from Cbox
Music from MixPod.com
Hit Counter [Counts start 13/09/08 ]