Results are over
Results are over, Applying for school is over too. A chance to re apply for 10 $ is over too. Now what?
So now I change my topic to a movie review. as you can tell AVATAR. And if you did any searching like my sister, people compare it with Pocahontas. As much as I don't want to know, I still heard from my sister that they are a lot similar. The thought of it spoilt everything really. But still i went into the theater with great anticipation, thinking that it will not be too, too similar. I heard a lot of people say its a good movie, not minding to watch again and again. My sister's critical friends said it was good too. Perhaps it's my "not watching a lot of movies" that made my attitude towards watching these movies different from others. There are so many movies I wanted and want to watch but never got the chance to. Now I watched a movie that I also somehow wanted to watch. though this time is a little different because I did not see the trailer.
Out of all the good comments, I also got some bad comments from my brother. He still said it is a good movie but this comment never left him. The supposedly alien features are too similar to those on earth, making it so disturbing to him. "People" look like "people" somehow, just the change in skin colour. Birds look like birds, or pterodactyl, dogs look like earth dogs, only less skin and more Bonny somehow (that's the impression I got). Some weird ass animal that look like triceratops or elephant with a log stuck on the head. GAAH~ so annoying trying to get the names of these prehistoric animals. I like the effect of the things glowing in the dark, now there's no need for fire ^^ but trees still look like trees.. Mountains are still mountains but floating like those in animation about galaxy and stuff. D:
To tell you the truth, I don't want to explain how similar the two movies are. You will immediately realise when the the two blue "people" meet. But the similarity begins from the very beginning. While Avatar begins with the Americans and their technology, Pocahontas also started with the English (I think) setting out to sea. Then things set from there. Everything is the same. THE SAME. The love paring, the rival, the betrayal of the main character to his original group, the calling out to other tribes for help, EVERYTHING I tell you. ("Relax" you will tell me but now the only thing not relaxed are my fingers)
SO sad, before entering the theater, I knew nothing. Just after watching a bit, I kind of knew everything. I could also predict the ending. Just when Grace Died, I knew the ending, I fricking knew it and I was right. I don't really like movies that are predictable.
I still like some of the ideas they had, the thing that connects animals together. You can feel the animal using that O.O I liked it but the moment I thought about it, the more it felt like taming an animal just by that. Some easy and slaking way of controlling. But I also thought it could be used for making love.. Since you can feel the other through that. But they somehow ended up doing it like normal earthlings. This is like Pocahontas, only twisting it a bit saying the "natives" are from another planet.
If Pocahontas is a good movie, this one is too. That is if you did not watch Pocahontas and the story is a mystery to you.
And and and, shocking to me news.. Shugo Chara is compleated!!!!!?
I know I lag, I saw the update right on the day, excited to see the new chapter.
But Compleated!? So dudden, and no proper ending with Ikuto too >_< ucks.
![]()
So now I change my topic to a movie review. as you can tell AVATAR. And if you did any searching like my sister, people compare it with Pocahontas. As much as I don't want to know, I still heard from my sister that they are a lot similar. The thought of it spoilt everything really. But still i went into the theater with great anticipation, thinking that it will not be too, too similar. I heard a lot of people say its a good movie, not minding to watch again and again. My sister's critical friends said it was good too. Perhaps it's my "not watching a lot of movies" that made my attitude towards watching these movies different from others. There are so many movies I wanted and want to watch but never got the chance to. Now I watched a movie that I also somehow wanted to watch. though this time is a little different because I did not see the trailer.Out of all the good comments, I also got some bad comments from my brother. He still said it is a good movie but this comment never left him. The supposedly alien features are too similar to those on earth, making it so disturbing to him. "People" look like "people" somehow, just the change in skin colour. Birds look like birds, or pterodactyl, dogs look like earth dogs, only less skin and more Bonny somehow (that's the impression I got). Some weird ass animal that look like triceratops or elephant with a log stuck on the head. GAAH~ so annoying trying to get the names of these prehistoric animals. I like the effect of the things glowing in the dark, now there's no need for fire ^^ but trees still look like trees.. Mountains are still mountains but floating like those in animation about galaxy and stuff. D:
To tell you the truth, I don't want to explain how similar the two movies are. You will immediately realise when the the two blue "people" meet. But the similarity begins from the very beginning. While Avatar begins with the Americans and their technology, Pocahontas also started with the English (I think) setting out to sea. Then things set from there. Everything is the same. THE SAME. The love paring, the rival, the betrayal of the main character to his original group, the calling out to other tribes for help, EVERYTHING I tell you. ("Relax" you will tell me but now the only thing not relaxed are my fingers)
SO sad, before entering the theater, I knew nothing. Just after watching a bit, I kind of knew everything. I could also predict the ending. Just when Grace Died, I knew the ending, I fricking knew it and I was right. I don't really like movies that are predictable.
I still like some of the ideas they had, the thing that connects animals together. You can feel the animal using that O.O I liked it but the moment I thought about it, the more it felt like taming an animal just by that. Some easy and slaking way of controlling. But I also thought it could be used for making love.. Since you can feel the other through that. But they somehow ended up doing it like normal earthlings. This is like Pocahontas, only twisting it a bit saying the "natives" are from another planet.
If Pocahontas is a good movie, this one is too. That is if you did not watch Pocahontas and the story is a mystery to you.
And and and, shocking to me news.. Shugo Chara is compleated!!!!!?
I know I lag, I saw the update right on the day, excited to see the new chapter.
But Compleated!? So dudden, and no proper ending with Ikuto too >_< ucks.
Labels: Holiday

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home